The content has been shared, if you want to share this content with other users click here.
The following is an update from Codelco on the effects of the rains in northern Chile as of Friday afternoon:
- The operations of Chuquicamata continue to be stopped in a preventive manner to protect the integrity of the workers.
- Ministro Hales Division is beginning to operate and the Gabriela Mistral and Radomiro Tomic divisions are operating with complete normality, although with some precautions.
- During the morning cleaning work was carried out, such as clearing roads and industrial areas that were flooded.
- We have worked in coordination with the regional authorities.
- The measures taken and the proper functioning of the protocols have allowed us not to register any injured person.
- The morning shift workers of Chuquicamata will go back to Calama at 7 pm, and it was decided that the night shift will not happen.
- It is expected that this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon it will rain again. The Emergency Committee that has operated since yesterday is evaluating the situation in the field and taking the corresponding decisions.
- We will continue monitoring the situation and will inform you in a timely manner.
This press release was published using an automatic translation system