With a new head, significant changes come to São Paulo state's port authority.
The company will invest some US$4mn in the project.
The Rionegro city government aims to award the contract by October despite an ongoing legal battle over the financing.
Both countries signed a Technology Safeguards Agreement (TSA) for the commercial use of the Alcântara base in northeastern Maranhão state.
Investment-focused unit Corficolombia is a player in the country's highways sector via stakes in several concessionaires.
The government owns 87.5% of UTS. The remaining 12.5% is owned by the Sint Maarten government.